I was all prepared to write up a healthy bean and seasonal vegetable recipe, but at the end of my work day the beginnings of a migraine struck. I managed to make it home and load myself up with pain killers and caffeine to head off the worse of the pain, but when it was time to make dinner all I wanted was something simple, fast and comforting. This dish fits all those qualities, plus it’s cheap and relatively nutritious. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to curl up on the couch with some hot, sweet tea, so without any further ado, Nutty Noodles.
- 2 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 tbsp nut butter (peanut traditional, almond is delicious)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- OPTIONAL: if using natural nut butter and/or ACV, a pinch of sugar
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions. With 3 minutes left on the timer, throw in broccoli.
- In a cereal bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth.
- When pasta/broccoli are done, drain and dump into cereal bowl. Mix until noodles and broccoli are thoroughly coated.