Like many of you, I get a little obsessed with Pinterest sometimes. Lately one girlfriend and I have been passing back and forth pins for t-shirt crafts. Finally she challenged the two of us to actually start making some! With the pressure off from my giant test, I thought I’d share some of the crafts I’ve been doing. This one requires absolutely no sewing, which was awesome. I picked up the tee for this craft from the thrift store for a whopping $0.50 and had the ribbon in my stash.
Simply cut a t-shirt in a straight line beneath the armpits. Discard the top half. Snip vertical slits in the hem.
Feed a ribbon into one hole, through the hem and out the other slit. To make this easier, attach a safety pin to the end of the ribbon and tug that through the fabric. Once you’re done, tie knots on the end of the ribbon.
Spill a few drops of water on the skirt, flip it over and wonder what the heck you’ve made. Then put it on, admire your handiwork and take a poorly lit photo of it.
Simple Jersey Skirt
- 1 men’s t-shirt that fits over your widest part
- 1 ribbon that’s 6 inches longer than the circumference of your shirt
- Cut the shirt in a straight line underneath the arm pits.
- Snip 2 small vertical slits in the center of the hem.
- Thread ribbon into one hole, through hem, and out the other hole.
- Tie knots in the end of the ribbons.
- Put on and enjoy!