1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a day trip to San Francisco. Train ticket there and back, latte and croissant for the early morning ride, nice lunch in North Beach, coffee and pastry mid afternoon, a loaf of sourdough, a few bars of chocolate from Ghiradelli, and a hat to shade me on an unexpectedly sunny and warm day.
2. Today I am thankful for a very patient boss.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was take a long walk through the historic neighborhood, admiring the red, white, and blue bunting and stopping to sniff a lot of inviting roses.
4. I will consider this week a success if I sort through all my books. They’re beginning to take over and I should trade some in to Amazon.
5. This week I am looking forward to a friend’s wedding. I’m so happy for her and her fiance, and I’m really looking forward to an evening with good food, dancing, and great company.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series created by My Pretty Pennies. To participate, please visit Ginna over at My Pretty Pennies!