1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on gas. I was farm sitting 45 minutes away, but had to come back to town one day to clean a house, then the other day had to head 30 minutes in the other direction for a wedding.
2. Today I am thankful for the beautiful weather. Highs around 80 made a weekend spent picking fruit, gathering eggs, and helping at an outdoor reception a really pleasant experience.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go star gazing with a friend. It’s amazing what you can see when you’re away from city lights!
4. I will consider this week a success if I don’t eat just junk food. A weekend away translates to an empty pantry and no leftovers!
5. My favorite part of the day is the early morning. I’m a total morning person and love the time to read a little, savor my breakfast and take a walk with the dog before heading out into the real world.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. If you’re interested, please check out Ginna’s blog!