1. The most I’ve spent this last week was at the gardening center. I needed a few things for my garden, which quickly added up to $15, but I had a coupon for $10 off a $30 purchase, and they were paying the sales tax this weekend. So for $20 I got 2 tomato cages, a watering can, tarragon, 3 colorful perennials for my front flower bed, new gardening gloves and a hunk of rope to make a toy for the pup.
2. Today I am thankful for a really fun weekend with lots of gardening and not nearly enough school work.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was having a friend over lunch. We caught up over pizza, roasted broccoli and grapefruit yogurt popsicles.
4. I will consider this week a success if I pick up my office! I’ve been so busy lately that my spare bedroom has become the catch-all for everything I need to deal with but don’t have time to face just yet.
5. This Memorial Day weekend I sang at my town’s VFW Memorial Day service. I was really honored to be asked, and I was moved by the presence of so many brave men and women of all ages and the support of our community.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series created by My Pretty Pennies. To participate, please go visit Ginna at My Pretty Pennies!