I have to say, I really enjoyed the way things worked out with my last menu plan. By putting a little time and energy into it early, I ended up with a nice variety of foods to eat that used up most of my perishables. Now I’ve got another box, with a lot of the same ingredients, but I’m hoping to come up with an entirely different menu.
CSA box contents: fennel, beets, broccoli greens, peas, spaghetti squash, grapefruit, oranges, eggs
Other CSA ingredients: yacon, acorn squash, canned tomatoes, green Peruvian beans, rice
- vegetarian pasta carbonara with roasted fennel
- cheese pizza with whole wheat crust with beet salad
- broccoli green and egg stirfry over rice
- curried acorn squash soup with red lentils
- roasted spaghetti squash with fennel frond pesto and peas
- Peruvian bean stew with yacon salad
Oranges go in my lunch bag for a snack, and I’ve already made a batch of grapefruit yogurt popsicles for dessert. Yum!