1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on a trip to Ross. I needed a nice dress for all the weddings I’m going to, and found one that’s really cute and flattering for half of what I budgeted for. I was also able to pick up some fancy hand lotion for my guest path at a fraction of normal retail, and some sunscreen.
2. Today I am thankful for my very supportive boss. He works hard to make sure that my research is funded, I get as big of a stipend as possible, and is a really helpful guide through navigating the steps of earning my PhD.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go wine tasting with a friend! A food lab on campus needed judges, so we each got to taste 6 wines and determine which ones we like the best and which ones we like the least.
4. I will consider this week a success if I keep the house clean all week.
5. My favorite Disney character is Arial. I always wanted red hair and I love to swim, so I figured she was pretty much awesome. While I haven’t discovered the ability to grow a mermaid tail, I have learned about the beauty of hair color.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, please visit Ginna at My Pretty Pennies!