Lately, between exhaustion from school and sheer laziness, my cooking hasn’t been very exciting. Also, I’m a little overwhelmed realizing just how much food I still have in my kitchen that was from last summer’s harvest, between canned goods and my freezer. But, I’m determined to spend a little more time with the list from my CSA delivery, some cookbooks and recipe blogs, and find new ways to use up my box and the contents of my pantry, while avoiding the grocery store. If I can get 4 servings out of each menu, I’ve got just about enough to last me two weeks.
This week’s CSA ingredients: fennel, sweet potatoes, snow peas, leeks, cabbage, oranges, grapefruit, eggs
CSA ingredients I need to use up: spaghetti squash, yacon
Pantry/freezer items from the CSA: apricot chipotle glaze, lima beans, canned tomatoes, black beans, rice
- Black beans over rice, with Mexican slaw and guacamole
- Baked tofu in apricot chipotle marinade, sweet potatoes, fennel salad
- Stir fry with eggs, snow peas, yacon and carrots over rice
- Roasted spaghetti squash with feta and olives
- Leek frittata with carrot salad
- Lima bean stew with canned tomatoes & dried fruit
Anybody have any other ideas for what I can make with this collection of ingredients?