1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on drinks and dessert with a friend. I missed her birthday earlier this month and she realized she missed mine last year, so we treated each other. We walked to our cute historic downtown and ordered ridiculous cocktails and amazing chocolate cake from the fanciest restaurant in town (which is probably not that fancy, but hey, small farm town!) If only that was in my budget for every week.
2. Today I am thankful for a my garden! I’ve got fresh cut roses on my table, the smell of more roses wafting across my front patio, lavender on the back, scads of rosemary, mint and oregano coming out of my garden and the promise of a lot more.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was run into an old friend and spent 15 minutes catching up. Last I saw her, she was a newlywed, now she’s pregnant with twins! And babies always make me happy.
4. I will consider this week a success if I meet all my deadlines. This week I’m speaking at a symposium and have a publication deadline for a paper, on top of my usual loads of homework and research.
5. I am currently wearing a blue v neck tee that matches my eyes, a denim pencil skirt, brown ballet flats and a bird pendant.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series on My Pretty Pennies. To participate, please visit Ginna’s blog!