1. The most I’ve spent this last week was (besides for bills) a vet check-up for my sweet dog. He got a wellness exam (6 pounds overweight!), a fecal test (all healthy!), 6 months of heartworm prevention and another 6 months of flea and tick protection to the tune of $200. But keeping my best 4-legged friend healthy is a worthwhile investment, and goodness knows I needed the incentive to run more.
2. Today I am thankful for my education. Sometimes I grouse about being back in school but I’m so grateful for the exposure to such brilliant minds and for professors who want to help me succeed in my career.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was spend a day on the farm planting spring veggies.
4. I will consider this week a success if I run 3 days.
5. I started my blog because I wanted accountability for getting my finances back in control and to start paying off my credit card debt.
Weekly Money Check-Up is a weekly series created by My Pretty Pennies. To participate, please visit Ginna over at My Pretty Pennies!