I was tagged by Zhenya from Being Zhenya in a post called Elevens:
This is how it goes…
- You must post the rules
- Post 11 fun facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post
- Let them know you have tagged them.
Unfortunately, I’m new enough to blogging that I don’t have 11 people to tag, but I’ll do the first three.
Fun Facts about Mary:
1. I lived in a tent for 3 months.
2. I tasted fermented mare’s milk once and never will again.
3. I love broccoli the way everybody else seems to love bacon.
4. I worked as a restaurant chef for a year, before deciding that science was a better career for me.
5. I ran cross country in high school for 3 years, and came in last place almost every race.
6. I studied ballet for 12 years, but still trip over my own feet on a daily basis.
7. I once set a course record for highest mini gold score that stood for over a year. (Are you picking up on the fact that I’m not exactly Athletic?)
8. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
9. I’ve been to 4 continents and want to make it to all 7.
10. I was born on a farm.
11. I love to scuba dive.
Now my answer to Zhenya’s questions.
1. If you had to be named after a city, state, or country (etc), which would you want it to be?
I like the name Virginia, which can be nicknamed Ginny.
2. What did you do for your latest birthday?
I had just had oral surgery a few days before, so my friend came over, fed me pancakes, and then I slept on the couch in a Vicodin haze. Don’t worry, I plan on making up for it this year.
3. What is your favorite commercial?
I love the Coke commercials at Christmas.
4. Have you ever been in a food fight? Where and when? And who started it?
Several times: I went to a lot of summer camp and I grew up with brothers.
5. Have you ever sold/donated your blood? If you haven’t do you want to?
I donate blood on a regular basis: the needles are not so fun, but I get to help people and munch on cookies.
6. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
Optimistically, Ariel from Little Mermaid: red hair, likes to sing and swim.
7. What do you think Victoria’s secret is?
That Victoria doesn’t like boring panties under a boring outfit.
8. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question, who would you select and what is the
Marie Curie and how did she do it.
9. If you join the circus, what would you perform?
I always wanted to walk the tight rope.
10. Have you ever eaten a crayon, or glue? Or what strange thing have you eaten?
No crayons or glue, but I did eat paper in elementary school.
11. What is the strangest name someone has introduced themselves as to you? What is their real name?
A girl in middle middle school wanted to be called Twinkle, but her real name was Theresa.